Car purchase condition misrepresentation

I recently purchased a used car from a Jeep dealership. They misrepresented an issue with the car that was evident as soon as I picked it up and they are now refusing to cover the cost of repair of this issue. It's a $2000 repair that I can't afford. What are my rights regarding fighting to have them perform the repair or return the car for a refund?

Asked 6 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Civil Litigation  Small Claims

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You should file an application with the small claims court.
with proof of the repairs and also bill of sales or purchase of the vehicle.
remember, if the car is sold as as, you are out of luck.

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show