Family court matters

My husband's son's mother is taking him back to court for back pay from 2017 and increase in child support. She is refusing to give receipts from 2014-2016 whereas he paid more. She also stated they never lived together which is a lie, they resided together since the son was born November 2012. Unfortunately he did not receive mail at that address. What can be done?

Asked 29 days ago in Thunder bay, Ontario
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

He should speak to the family court, or file an application with the court about his concerns.
It is unfortunate and simply unbelievable that he lived in an address and never had a mail or any of his correspondences at the address, not even his phone bill or Tax assessment sent to the address.
The court may believe his ex-if non of this could be proven.
Good luck.

Posted 28 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show