Repairs landlord

My landlord was told bye city to make repairs but he hasnt I have no fire escape and on the 3rd floor and no doorknob on front dorr wide open and my sons room structure damage cant use the room but still paying coukd collapse landlord is a deadbeat who is verbally agressive with my wife when im not around what can I do?

Asked 4 days ago in York, Ontario
Categories: Landlord-Tenant

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You can hire a handy man to fix the unit and keep the receipt as proof of deduction from the rent.
Your landlord is absolutely not fixing the unit.

Posted 4 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show