Senior abuse youngest daughter asked us for down payment for them to buy a new home...she said they would have a seniors suite built for us downstairs to live rent free for the rest of our lives....just pay part of electricty...water etc...their bank requested a letter saying they would not have to re pay the money....we gave them $200,000...after living there for 6 months they made it so hard with abuse and such we were forced to move.....can we go after them for part of the money since we had to move...thks....Richard

Asked 3 months ago in Edmonton, Alberta
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

Definitely yes, I hope that the agreement was done in writing.

Posted 3 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show