No lawyer

What should I do if I still don't have a lawyer for second court appearance for a criminal charge? (Possession of a controlled substance) ontario

Asked over 1 year ago in Brampton, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Andrew Captan

Answer by Andrew Captan

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer


I'm a Toronto criminal lawyer, and can assist with your inquiry.

It is not completely unusual to not have retained a criminal lawyer by a 2nd appearance.  At some point in time, courts will force an accused to a date (for a pre-trial, plea or trial) if they continue to drag their matter on. But you should be able to ask for a further adjournment to retain counsel, in light of not being able to retain one by the 2nd date.

If you have any further questions about that, or about the case itself, you can reach me at my contact info below.

Good luck!

Andrew Captan
Toronto Criminal Lawyer
t:  647.878.6355

Posted over 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Andrew Captan, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show