Is the beneficiary of an estate able to redirect funds upon the death of the decedents?

Hi - I am a U.S. resident and citizen as are my adult children. In the next several years, I will be inheriting a share of my parents’ estate. My parents are Canadian citizens and residents. I would like my share of my parents’ estate to go directly to my children in equal shares. I do not want to talk to my parents about changing their wills. Will I be able to re-direct these funds to my children upon the death of my parents?

Asked 3 months ago in Alberta
Categories: Wills, Estates, Trusts

Answer Now

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show