Q: My landlord is constantly bothering me about unpaid rents when they are paid and I have receipts to prove it. My landlord is constantly bothering me about unpaid rents when they are paid and I have receipts to prove it, I have paid him $950. I paid $700. in cash my roommate and I both counted it out before we gave it to him and the ministry has paid $250. more which I did not realise at the moment that I paid the landlord, after a day he has been putting letters on my door sending texts saying that I owe him money, my rent is $500. right now until I pay off Junes rent and he knows this, after I pay June rent off my rent will be $440. a month, he is constantly, bringing over letters threatening with suit and eviction , "HELP PLEASE"! We can not use our water, it is yellow and undrinkable and we can not wash clothes or bath with the water because it makes us itchy. when we wash our clothes they turn a different shade of color we buy our own drinking water, my roommate can use the towns water but I am allergic to fluoride and chlorine so I have to buy the more expensive water

Asked 6 months ago in Lac la biche, Alberta
Categories: Defamation, Libel, Slander  Privacy Law  Landlord-Tenant

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer


As a tenant, you have rights under relevant law to enjoy your rental place without disturbance from anybody including the landlord. The landlord also has obligations to provide all the services as promised in the lease agreement. It seems to me that your landlord may have not fulfilled his obligations, and if this is the case, there are procedures under the Residential Tenancies Act could help tenants in your situation.

Feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss further. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182. 

Yours very truly,
Caryma Sa'd

Posted 6 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show