Curious mom

HI there. Quick question. My daughter has gone to police and filed a report but didn't want to charge anyone. But yet this person continues to accuse her and slanders her name everywhere. Is there anything she can do. Enough is enough. It's too the point she doesn't want to be around anyone .

Asked 29 days ago in London, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law  Defamation, Libel, Slander

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

she can re-attend to the police with proof and lay a charge or file a private complaint with the court and obtain a restraining order or a warrant.

Posted 27 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show