What can she do to resolve this issue?

My daughter threw eggs at a business when it was closed where her ex-boyfriend worked. She feels really bad about it and has sent an apology letter to the owner to offer to pay for what she caused. What course of action should she take?

Asked 8 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

At this stage, it is up to the business to decide whether or not they are going to report the incident. It was a good decision for your daughter to express remorse and offer to pay for any damages. It may be a wise decision to set up a meeting with the owner to take the next step in assessing and dealing with the damages. 

Feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss further. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182. 

Yours very truly,
Caryma Sa'd

Posted 8 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show