Legal aid

my daughter us 19, being charged of a criminal offense would she qualify for legal aid if she is still living at home

Asked almost 2 years ago in Ontario
Categories: Aboriginal Law  Criminal Law

Answer Now

Andrew Captan

Answer by Andrew Captan

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

It is possible; the financial eligibility requirement is one thing, but they also look at the prospect of jail if she is convicted (they usually do not provide certificates to individuals who are not facing the risk of jail).  

Legal Aid Ontario numbers:

Toronto : 416-979-1446
Toll free: 1-800-668-8258

Andrew Captan
Toronto Criminal Lawyer

Posted almost 2 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Andrew Captan, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show