How can she get her things from her ex?

My girl friend gave up the house she was renting, so her ex would have a place with the kids, and now he won’t allow her to collect her things. How can this be resolved when he is being completely unreasonable ?

Asked 8 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law  Family Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Based on the facts provided alone, your girlfriend's ex-boyfriend does not have standing to deny your girlfriend an opportunity to collect her belongings.

He would have an obligation to be reasonable and provide her with an opportunity to collect her things, drop them off to her, or have someone else collect or drop off the items.  

Feel free to get in touch if there are any specifics that you would like to discuss. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182. 

Yours very truly,
Caryma Sa'd

Posted 8 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show