My rent will no longer be affordable.

I live in a small apartment which I rent from the local housing authority. This past week I received a payment from an RSP and now they wish to raise my rent very much. I was under the impression that all I had to rental on was my regular income which is my monthly pension. Who is right. Thanks so much.

Asked 12 months ago in Moose jaw, Saskatchewan
Categories: Landlord-Tenant

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

There is a case here to make to the local housing authority. The first step would be to write a letter to them. 

Feel free to get in touch if you would like to discuss further. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182.

Yours truly,

Caryma Sa'd

Posted 4 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show