I've accused my husband of domestic violence and was not true.

How do I write a recent letter?

Asked about 1 year ago in London, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Andrew Captan

Answer by Andrew Captan

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

A recant is where a witness withdraws criminal allegations.  Because of the risk of the witness, such as yourself, being charged with public mischief as a result of a recant, it is always best to get Independent Legal Advice from a criminal lawyer. A lawyer can assist you with drafting a letter or affidavit, and minimize the risks involved of you getting charged yourself.
Andrew Captan

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Andrew Captan, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show