Cohabitation agreement

I am a widower with no children and have a high net worth, i’m 70 years old. I met a woman and we have been living together for six months. She has her own house but wants to rent it out and move in with me on a permanent basis. What steps should I be taking to clarify the financial situation in the event the relationship ends. We live in British Columbia

Asked 8 months ago in British Columbia
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Leena Yousefi

Answer by Leena Yousefi

VerifiedBritish Columbia lawyer

You will need to enter into a cohabitation agreement that lays out how assets will be split and how support is paid in case of separation. I wouldn't recommend that you move in until that is done. Best of luck!

Posted 8 months ago

Leena Yousefi | Founder and Lawyer
YLaw Family & Divorce Lawyers
Award Winning Firm:

The information provided is general legal information and is not intended to be personal legal advise to anyone. 

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show