Trying to reunite with my family

I lived in the usa for 23 years married to a usa citizen for 11 years with two children. I was recently deported from the usa and am now in mexico. Do I have an option to immigrate to canada and take my famiky also. I have 2 misdemeanors in the states and served and completed five years if deferred adjudicated probation. I am not a convicted felon. I also have a friend living in canada who is willing to help me. Do I have any options?

Asked 12 days ago in Manitoba
Categories: Immigration

Answer Now

Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Answer by Benjamin O Mbaegbu

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

yes, you can migrate to Canada, moreover if you have a sponsor.
another option will be to seek for pardon and also a permission to re-enter USA.

Posted 11 days ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Benjamin O Mbaegbu, or search the Lawyer Directory.


Thank you for your reply. Yes we are attempting to get a pardon and reapply to go back to the states legally. But this is not a guarantee and time consuming. I have been doing alot of research into.going to canada, and my friend states its a very good way of life. What would I need to do, to go to canad legally?

Posted 11 days ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show