a woman was invited to spend the weekend at a persons house. The house was his parents. He later murdered her on the parents property. He has been charged with 2nd degree murder and the courts are proceeding with prosecution. The single woman has four children aged 1,2,16,21. Can the homeowners insurance company be sued for what happened, so the children can be compensated for the loss of their mother?

Asked 10 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law  Personal Injury  Family Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Homeowner insurance coverage generally don't include coverage for intentional acts such as murder. However, careful review of the insurance coverage may state otherwise. In which case, it is highly suggested that you consult with a lawyer for legal advice regarding the next steps to be taken.

Feel free to get in touch if there are any specifics that you would like to discuss. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182.

Posted 10 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show