International tax fraud

My wife and I are separated but still legally married. Shortly after our separation and while a French court had given me joint parental authority my wife's mother died leaving her a large inheritance in Canada. She is a Canadian citizen but at the time of the inheritance she was only a legal tax paying resident of France and had been for 18 years. She holds a British passport. In order to keep from paying taxes in France on her inheritance she went to Canada for 6 months, in violation of the French court custody order, by threatening to take my daughter away if I were to enforce the custody order and keep her from being in Canada. She is very rich and at the time had filed an appeal to overturn the court decision and take full custody. My question; is this tax fraud and if so what are the penalties and how would I go about reporting this to the proper authorities?

Asked 12 months ago in Ontario
Categories: Tax  Criminal Law  Wills, Estates, Trusts  Family Law

Answer Now

Meena Tewari Jham

Answer by Meena Tewari Jham

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

You will need to consult a lawyer in France for this matter.

Posted 12 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Meena Tewari Jham, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show