Florida dwi and how this affects travel

I was just recently charged with a DWI in Florida, will this give me a criminal record in Canada, and will it affect my ability to travel to and from the states? Also, I’m contracted to work in China at the end of the month, could I be denied entrance to China?

Asked about 1 year ago in New Brunswick
Categories: Immigration  Criminal Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Generally, serious (indictable) offences committed outside the country bars people from entering. Minor offences (often summary offences) are less of a problem. China has let people with DUI enter China before, with the promise they will not commit any criminal activity in China. It will vary depending on the seriousness of the offence. 

Feel free to get in touch if there are any specifics that you would like to discuss. Our practice areas include criminal, human rights laws and landlord and tenant board issues. You can call and text me at 647-360-7182. 

Yours very truly,
Caryma Sa'd

Posted 8 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show