Cant go to jail

I have unpaid fines, possible warrant. How do i deal with this?

Asked about 2 years ago in Alberta
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Thank you for your question. There are a few ways to find out if a warrant has been issued for your arrest in Canada.
Firstly, you can contact the police directly to find out if a warrant has been issued. 
Second, you could contact a criminal court clerk to determine if you have an outstanding warrant.   Finally, you could hire a criminal defense lawyer to look into the matter. 

Feel free to contact me should you have any questions on this matter and we can discuss the issue further. Our areas of practice include criminal and landlord/tenant issues.  Please contact me at (647) 360-7182.

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show