I am in seriouse need of help as the court date is tomorrow

My boyfriend was charged with mischeif but it is his first offence and i am just wondering what will happen in court and if there is a way we can get the judge to drop it

Asked 12 months ago in Sarnia, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

Your boyfriend should speak with a defence lawyer about his legal options. It is up to the Crown prosecutor to drop the charge. For a charge of mischief under section 430, he could be facing penalties that include a fine and/or imprisonment. Depending on the circumstances, and if it is his first offence, he could be eligible for a diversion program to have the criminal charge dismissed.

Your boyfriend can get in touch if he would like to discuss the specifics of his situation. He can call or text me at 647-360-7182. 

Yours very truly,

Lawyer & Notary Public  

Posted 12 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Landlord-Tenant Caryma Sa'd Ontario Lawyer Caryma Sa'd Verified Lawyer Law Office of Caryma Sa'd CALL or TEXT:... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show