Assaul or battery or what

HelloI got attacked by a a guy with a papper spray and was brought to the hospital by ambulance.Was it a criminal offence?

Asked 11 months ago in Toronto, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Dan Helmer

Answer by Dan Helmer

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

Unless you started a fight with this guy you were likely assaulted with a weapon, you could file a police report.

Battery would apply as well, to sue for battery you would go to civil court in order to obtain a money award.

-- Dan Helmer --

Posted 11 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Dan Helmer, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show