Domestic violence/immigration question

Hello I live in Ontario. I am writing this post to get some legal advice about my scenario. So recently I came home one day to my father yelling at my mom. I went to check in their room and my mom was crying and my younger sister was also crying. They were fighting over family problems. My dad was yelling extremely loud, so loud that my neighbors could hear him through a concrete wall and had to bang the wall to tell us to be quiet. My mom wasn't retaliating at all. He started to throw blankets around the room and started to threaten my mom. He said he will not let her sleep throughout the whole night. My dad threatened my mom and said that if she went to sleep then he would throw water at her, kick her, and do whatever it takes to make sure that she doesn't sleep. My mom still didn't retaliate. My dad then went and threw her cell phone away. My dad scares me and my younger sister. We live in ontario canada. My question is where can I get help? Also no one in my family has a canadian citizenship. We have been living in canada for the past 8 years as permanent residents. So if I try to go against my dad and he decides to leave canada then does that mean my whole family have to leave too? My father is the main source of income in my family. No one else works. Does this mean that if I try to tell someone about my father then the authorities will end up taking us from our mother and send us to live with our father. Is it possible AT ALL that if my father leaves canada then my family has to leave too? Is there a way for me my mother and my sister to live in canada even if my father decides to leave back home? Can my father takes us to our home country against our will? Please keep in mind that no one in my family has a canadian citizen. We live in canada as permanent residents and we all have indian citizenship. Is there any way for me to get annoynomous legal advice in person from a lawyer? Also if I share information with a lawyer then is that information confidential or can the lawyer tell authorities such as police without my consent?

Asked 12 months ago in Toronto, Ontario
Categories: Immigration  Criminal Law  General Legal Questions  Family Law  Legal Aid

Answer Now

Angelina Shuster

Answer by Angelina Shuster

VerifiedOntario paralegal

Call me at 416-835-6989 for a free legal advice on your immigration issue. All information will be held strictly confidential meaning that nobody without your consent will reveal anything that we discuss.

Posted 12 months ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Angelina Shuster, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show