Jobless female 60 - caught shoplifting of second-hand goods

I have not yet received civil demand for the donation/used-goods claims. Next month, early morning on appearance at municipal court for my first-time criminal case (Act. 355b and Act. 334b). I will ask the front desk receptionist to provide an duty legal aid lawyer, although the 30-min time frame in seeking/briefing the details to the lawyer would be short. My worry is, I experienced obtaining various telephoned answers from the court customer service. On that date, having zero time for argument if the non-professtional receptionist would refuse providing on-duty legal aid lawyer, instead telling me (1) there is no instant lawyer available on site (2) advance contacting Aide Juridique de Montreal (514) 842-2233. I have no choice, but enter the courtroom by myself to deal the consequence. I don't think I have the right to contact the crown prosecutor. Should I go to the courthouse to find out whether an duty legal aid lawyer is available; or tell me alternative solution in finding duty legal aid lawyer is existing in courthouse so as to avoid argument with front desk receptionist on that date? To Adam G. - Thanks for your sincere guidance previously.

Asked 12 months ago in Montreal, Quebec
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Adam Ginzburg

Answer by Adam Ginzburg

Not VerifiedQuebec lawyer

Hi there, 

There is always a lawyer from the Legal Aid department available for you at the moment of your appearance in court, so you shouldn't stress about that too much. The judge will make sure to notify you of that option.

You should know that at Ginzburg Legal, we also take on Legal Aid mandates, so we would be happy to look over your case with you to guide you through the process. 

Please don't hesitate to give us a call at 514-842-1006 (ask for Me Ginzburg) so we can discuss this in greater detail. 


Posted 12 months ago

Avocat – Attorney

Work(514) 842-1006
(514) 842-1811              

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Adam Ginzburg, or search the Lawyer Directory.


I am so grateful to have had Adam Ginzburg as my lawyer. He was confident in his prediction and was correct. He always had an answer for me and all my questions, which made it easier to trust him when I was in embarrassed helpless situation. I would like personally thank you again for getting me my desired results - clean record without paying fine.

Posted 9 months ago

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Appellate Practice Edward Prutschi Ontario Lawyer Edward Prutschi Verified Lawyer Don't let criminal charges destroy your future. Invest in a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show