What can landlords do about tenant causing issues?

In my building, there is an elderly lady, who will constantly yell at others and hold doors shut on tenants and visitors. She spends most of her days in the Lonby with her wireless phone so she can conduct all her busisness. I wonder what can be done, if I inform the landlord, or if this is more criminal (Cause a disturbance, mischief, etc) and should notify the police. Thanks.

Asked about 3 years ago in Ontario
Categories: Elder Law  Criminal Law  Landlord-Tenant

Answer Now

Caryma Sa'd

Answer by Caryma Sa'd

VerifiedOntario lawyer

First step would be to notify the Landlord. He/she will investigate the issue and decide how to proceed. Depending on the precise nature of the incidents, the landlord could take action through the landlord and tenant board. The police is also an option if the incidents are criminal in nature. 

Feel free to get in touch if there are any specifics that you would like to discuss. Our practice areas include criminal and human rights laws.You can call and text me at 647-360-7182.

Posted over 2 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Caryma Sa'd, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Robert J. Klassen British Columbia Lawyer Robert J. Klassen Verified Lawyer A divorce or separation does not have to DESTROY you ! Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show