Can he sponsor me?

My boyfriend is a refugee in the US and he has already had his state ID for seven months, I am a Canadian citizen myself. We are planning to get married, so we were wondering what are our options for me to move to the US.

Asked 17 days ago in Ontario
Categories: Immigration

Answer Now

Maja Mitreva

Answer by Maja Mitreva

VerifiedOntario paralegal

As a Canadian citizen, once you marry, you can sponsor your then husband for permanent residence in Canada. 

Posted 17 days ago

Maja Mitreva, Licensed Paralegal, Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada, Regulated Immigration Consultant, RCIC, member of the ICCRC.,, 519-974-3172, 519-791-3540.

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Maja Mitreva, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Patents, Trademarks, Copyright Mike C Stewart, P.Eng British Columbia Lawyer Mike C Stewart, P.Eng Verified Lawyer Mike is a partner with ATAC LAW. He is both a lawyer and a... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show
Andrea Himel Services - Accredited Family Mediator GamTalk - Online Support for Gambling Issues
TD - Gerson D'Souza McConnan Bion O'Conner & Peterson - Victoria BC Lawyers