Being charged and lying to the police

An acquaintance got charged by the police for threatening a guy, but there is no proof and the person who filed the complaint lied to the police, what can my acquaintance do?

Asked about 1 year ago in Brampton, Ontario
Categories: Civil Litigation  Criminal Law

Answer Now

Andrew Captan

Answer by Andrew Captan

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

He should retain a criminal lawyer, who can try and assist resolving the case in his favour.  There are a variety of possible outcomes with any criminal case, including a threatening charge.  A lawyer can try and work out a position that does not lead to any further criminal consequences during the pre-trial process.
Andrew Captan
Toronto Criminal Lawyer

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Andrew Captan, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show