I am being charged with a DUI for suspected drug use. Should I argue for diversion as this is first time offense. no criminal record.

Asked about 1 year ago in Mississauga, Ontario
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

Andrew Captan

Answer by Andrew Captan

Not VerifiedOntario lawyer

Diversion is not somethings the Crown Attorneys offer for Impaired Driving cases.  You will likely need to hire a criminal defence lawyer, if you want to maximize your chances at avoiding a criminal record.  These charges involve mandatory minimum punishments if you are found guilty of a combined fine / driving prohibition.

You can contact me if you have any specific questions about the process at my info below.
Andrew Captan
Toronto Criminal Lawyer

Posted about 1 year ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Andrew Captan, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Immigration Tim Bailey British Columbia Lawyer Tim Bailey Verified Lawyer Immigration to Canada is a matter of careful planning. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show