Translation of marriage certificate

Hi,I am filing a divorce right now. My marriage certificate is in Vietnamese, and I have a friend who is fluent in both English and Vietnamese that can translate the document for me.My question is that if I can submit my translated (by my friend) Marriage certificate together with a notarized affidavit of translation or I have to have someone professional to translate and certify?

Asked almost 7 years ago in Vancouver, British Columbia
Categories: Family Law

Answer Now

Robert J. Klassen

Answer by Robert J. Klassen

VerifiedBritish Columbia lawyer

Normally, the Court Registry will only accept a translated marriage certificate done by a person who is a certified translator in that particular language.

Posted almost 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Robert J. Klassen, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Family Law Waldemar Igras Alberta Lawyer Waldemar Igras Verified Lawyer Waldemar Igras has restricted his practice almost... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show