Alternative measures program

Hello, Can I take an "Alternative measures program" in Alberta if I already plead not guilty and the trial date set? And I was offered by Crown to take the "Alternative program, which I rejected on pre-trial? And where I have to go for that program, who should I contact? Please help. Thank you, NAME Removed by Administrator

Asked over 7 years ago in Calgary, Alberta
Categories: Criminal Law

Answer Now

John P Gustafson

Answer by John P Gustafson

VerifiedBritish Columbia lawyer

That decision is up to the Crown. Prosecutors can and occasionally do agree to Alternative Measures or similar programs after trial dates have been set, but before the trial is finished. Whether or not they do will depend on the specifics of the case. If this is something you want you should have your lawyer contact the Crown and find out if it is possible and under what conditions. If you do not have a lawyer you will have to speak to the Crown yourself to find out.

Posted over 7 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact John P Gustafson, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law John P Gustafson British Columbia Lawyer John P Gustafson Verified Lawyer You have rights. My job is to protect them. Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show