Land transfer

My partener's adoptive mother recieved land as a wedding gift 40 years ago from her husband. When her husband died we were told it went into the names of the surviving members names ( wife and 3 kids) The deed has since been lost along with a landsurvey. We have been paying the municipality taxes. In order to transfer the ownership of the land do we need a land survey?

Asked almost 3 years ago in Quebec
Categories: Real Estate

Answer Now

Mimikos Athanassiadis

Answer by Mimikos Athanassiadis

VerifiedQuebec lawyer


Posted almost 3 years ago

Please note that this is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice to you. Legal advice pertaining to your particular situation can only be provided by a lawyer who has met with you to obtain all pertinent background information necessary to give you a formal legal opinion. For formal legal advice, hire a lawyer (many give a free first consultation). Contact Mimikos Athanassiadis, or search the Lawyer Directory.

For Lawyers:
Join the Directory
for Free!

Learn More
Criminal Law Stephanie Heyens Ontario Lawyer Stephanie Heyens Verified Lawyer I really appreciate your understanding my situation and your... Details

Connect with us:

Family Matters with Justice Harvey Brownstone - Watch Online TV ShowWatch Online TV Show
McConnan Bion O'Conner & Peterson - Victoria BC Lawyers GamTalk - Online Support for Gambling Issues
Andrea Himel Services - Accredited Family Mediator Feldstein Family Law Group - 1 (800) 498-3486, Request a Consultation